How does thinking work? (How) can we instruct machines to think? And how can we use our knowledge to make machines more useful for people?
After more than 15 years of university-based research and teaching in the areas of artificial intelligence, robotics and human-machine interaction, I wanted to bring my knowledge to use. I am proud to develop new products and services as part of the Intiuty Media Lab. Alongside I go on pursuing my research and accept jobs as a freelancer.
I am currently mostly pondering about the abililty of humans to make decisions in everyday life. I use results from psychology and behavioral economics to implement computational decision processes that resemble those of humans. The goal is not only to get better automatic responses, but also to facilitate the interaction between people and machines. The same mechanisms are interesting for defining organizational processes.
Grade: summa cum laude
passed with distinction
- Adjunct member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, as a member of the Young Scolar's Programme (2012-2018)
- Carl-von-Linde Junior Fellow of the Institute for Advanced Study of TU München (2010-2012)
- Junior research group leader in the cluster of excellence Cognition for Technical Systems, TU München (2009-2012)
Talks and Training
- User Interface Design
- Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- Dialog Systems
- Basics of Human-Computer Interaction
- Usability Engineering
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human-Robot Interaktion